So I have decided to embark on a list of projects that may just drive me mad.
At least you will get a front row seat if that should happen, could be interesting….
Last night we received the latest Neuropsych report for our Intellectual Thunderstorm. I cannot say that it said anything we did not already suspect or know, however it has definitively made me realize that I am going to have to get a move on in helping him achieve his goals. Outpatient Therapies are not widely available in our fund brackets at present but we are not going to let that stop his progress. Currently he is functioning at a level of between 5 and 7 years below his actual age. The silver lining is that the areas in which he achieves an older functioning level, are those we have developed through therapies and at home support. This proves that his brain is able to learn, albeit a little slower than most.
In my research on Neuroplasticity, I came across information from Debbie Hampton as well as the TED talk given by Barbara-Arrowsmith Young. Reading and listening to their stories I have a renewed motivation to get as much information and start helping our Intellectual Thunderstorm overcome the blocks he has, so he can achieve his dreams. I know this is going to be a challenge worth taking.
So here I sit, planning and trying to sort out HOW I am going to fit it all in.
- Research and learn Neuroplasticity
- Finish the Book Keeping course I am doing (this will provide income hopefully to help fund further studies and therapies)
- Research and get our veggie patch up and running (to provide food and lessen household expenses)
- Help the pink whirlwind re-decorate her bedroom
- Learn DBT so I can reinforce what our Intellectual Thunderstorm has been taught in therapy
- Find time to paint (to stave off the madness)
- Blog (as important a release as painting)
- Redo Motorcycle learners so can attain wind therapy for self…
The list of TO DO’s grows by the day BUT, I will make it. There is thankfully no lack of family support…..
Any suggestions, helpful hints and tips, or research resources any of you have, will be greatly appreciated.
And yes, that farm is still somewhere in the cards for the future…..